Firstly, I have an announcement to make. In case you haven’t noticed, I’ve joined Instagram! That’s right, my lovely new bookstagram account awaits you eagerly. Don’t forget to follow me at @thevoraciousbibliophile!
Secondly, Jayvel from An Introverted World has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Remember to check his brilliant blog out!!
Here are the rules for this award:
1. Before anything else, how are you feeling right now?
I’m feeling quite all right, thank you for asking!
2. Which book genre do you dwell in the most? Why?
Mystery/Thriller is my favourite genre, and I love the suspense! It’s amazing how some authors can write so magnificently that you can’t help but keep turning the pages. In that respect, Agatha Christie is is just AMAZING.
3. What book do you think deserves to have a mini-series or movie adaptation?
Hmm… I’m pretty sure that all the books I’d choose already have movie adaptations. Let’s see… An Eagle In The Snow? I’m not sure if it’s a movie, I sort of live under a rock. 😅
4. Which book character do you relate with yourself the most?
I can’t completely relate any book character with myself. I would say Eleanor from Eleanor and Park. I don’t have a horrible home situation, and I don’t have a Park (*sniffles*). But I am terribly unsocial, and just plain bad at mingling with the crowd.
5. What is that one book that made you bawl your eyes out?
Oh, that’s a lot of books. To name one, I cried in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix when Sirius fell through the veil. The pain is real, people. 😭 Honestly, whenever I concentrate on that part of the story, I feel the tears build up all over again.
6. Paperbacks or Hardcovers? Why?
Paperbacks, because they’re cheaper. And lighter. And cheaper. Did I mention cheaper?
7. What do you do when a reading slump strikes?
Good question! I usually reread the latest book I read. If that doesn’t work, I read Harry Potter. If that also doesn’t work (which is rare), I watch TV. But that never happens.
8. What is that one book that you’d recommend to a non-reader?
HARRY POTTER. (*Throws the books*) (*Throws a tissue box*) Go read!
9. After reading a really good book, how many days do you wait before reading another one?
About 5 hours at most. I can’t resist the temptation longer than that! If I have no other books to read, I will start rereading the same one. Gotta read something!
10. What is your blogging goal for 2019?
I’m not going to lie, I don’t have a great goal for my blog. I just want to improve it as much as possible, and I’ll do everything I can to make it better. Which is why I NEED YOUR FEEDBACK, people! You can give me your feedback in 3 simple steps: like, comment and follow! If you don’t want to comment directly, you can always leave a message on my contact page! I solemnly swear I’m not dangerous (*evil cackle*).
11. What is your main reading goal for 2019?
I read VERY few books last year (like 7), so this year, I want to start small. For now, my reading goal is 52 books this year. If I surpass it, that’s awesome, right?
Thank you for the awesome questions, Jayvel! Now, it’s time for the tough part: making 11 new questions. Let me nominate some bloggers first.
Here are the bloggers I nominate for this award:
1. Shruti from This Is Lit
2. Harini from Books And Readers
3. Anastasia from Read and Survive
4. Sofii from A Book. A Thought.
5. Cali from Cali’s Bookcamp
6. Faroukh Naseem from The Guy With The Book
7. Diana from Thoughts on Papyrus
8. Katelyn from From Cover To Cover
9. Cait from Paper Fury
10. Emma Bee from Memoirs of A Cat Person
11. Christina Reid from Chrikaru Reads
And here are my questions:
- At what time in the morning do you wake up?
- How long does it usually take you to write and edit a blog post?
- Audio book or e-book?
- What is your top bookish pet peeve?
- What is your writing schedule?
- How do you deal with a writing slump?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- What is the next thing on your schedule for the day?
- Are you more of a cat person or a dog person?
- What improvements would you suggest for my bookstagram?
- Did you reach or exceed your blogging goals for 2018?
I hope you all enjoy answering these questions!